• O Scale: 1:48 - 1/4" = 1'
• Overall size: 16'x 13'
• Grid spacing: 12"
• Minimum radius: 15" at Geyser Gulch trestle
• Mainline ruling grade: 1%
• Track: Peco On30 code 100
• Control: DCC ~ NCE Power Cab
• On30 track elevation: 52" - 53" above floor
• On18 mining tram: 57" - 58" above floor
Thunder Mesa Mining Co. ~ On30 Complete Plan
Here is the most up to date plan for the TMMC. The layout is being built in six sections with a wall mounted backdrop wrapping around three sides. Center aisle width is 36". Most track is on the level, with only a slight rise in elevation along the backstretch near Horse Thief Canyon.
An On18 mining tram, the Horse Thief & Never Mine, runs at a higher level between the Never Mine tunnel through Baxter's Butte and ore transfer bins near Hanging Rock.
The newest addition to the plan is the Calico Mountain Extension, adding a reverse loop to the On30 mainline and the On18 Calico Mining Company running in a figure eight at a higher level.