• O Scale: 1:48 - 1/4" = 1'
• Overall size: 15.5'x 8.5'
• Grid spacing: 12"
• Minimum radius: 15" at Geyser Gulch trestle
• Mainline ruling grade: 1%
• Track: Peco On30 code 100
• Control: DCC ~ NCE Power Cab
• On30 track elevation: 52" - 53" above floor
• On18 mining tram: 57" - 58" above floor
Thunder Mesa Mining Co. ~ On30 Complete Plan
Here is the most up to date plan for the TMMC. The layout is being built in four sections with a wall mounted backdrop wrapping around three sides. Center aisle width is 36". Most track is on the level, with only a slight rise in elevation along the backstretch near Horse Thief Canyon.
An On18 mining tram, the Big Thunder and Calico, runs at a higher level between the Never Mine tunnel through Baxter's Butte and ore transfer bins near Hanging Rock.
A few changes to this plan were made when the layout was relocated to its new home at Thunder Mesa Studio, and more changes are on the way. A new section along the left wall beyond Calico is in the works, plus a hidden staging area and a new riverfront scene over on the Thunder Mesa side. An updated plan will be posted in the near future.